Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I am taking a break from my dollhouse for the winter, but I think I have finally finished the herbology room.  If  anyone wants to take a peek, click here;  MY MINIATURE WITCH HOUSE

Monday, November 3, 2014

It is a well known fact that I love Halloween.  I don't just love Halloween in October, I live it all year.  People often ask me when my love of the morbid began, as if it is a defect that must be traced and cannot be allowed to happen again.

This year, my fascination with witches, vampires, goblins and ghouls finally brought me to New Orleans for Halloween. The days flew by in a fury of gators, gumbo and fangs.  I plan on adding more New Orleans photos to this post as the weeks go by.  These entries will be mostly photos.  Pictures speak louder than words, especially when you are talking about a six- foot man in a vinyl jumpsuit.

Let us begin on the last evening of the trip at the Endless Night Vampire Ball.  This event is held yearly, the weekend after Halloween.  It has been touted as the best Halloween party in the world.  This year's theme was a mixture of Victorian and Oriental.  Most of the attendees stuck to this theme.  I was shocked at the work most of these folks put into their costumes. Father Sebastiaan, the world renowned fangsmith was booked for weeks previous to the ball!  "No more appointments!", his website blared. 

I would say that about 80% of these folks were excited to be at the ball, but I am convinced that the other 20% really fancied themselves actual bloodsuckers at a yearly convention. Scary!

For a better view, click on each photo.  That means you, Mom :)

This photo does not do her stunning costume justice.

Most folks were pretty nice about having their photos taken, but this guy in vinyl was not having it.

This couple was simply stunning and very friendly.

These costumes were made of ivory satin and flowed all the way to the floor.  Her dress featured hand applied cherry blossoms.  Lovely!

Yikes, it is me!  I am not sure I like that guy who is looking over my shoulder.
 "What exactly have you gotten us into?"

I was sorry this photo came out so dark.  The girl in pearls was lovely and the girl on the right has some pretty amazing fangs.

These two were on their honeymoon.  Yeah, I have to admit I was a bit surprised too.

The ladies on the left really followed through with the Oriental theme, with beautiful results.

Vampire dancers on stage, fangs and all.

The finalists in the female costume competition.

This was an odd blood letting ceremony on the stage.  I didn't ask, because I didn't want to know.

Finalists in the male costume competition. Check out the dude on the far left.  He was intense. 

Just a few vampires, hanging out and having fun.